Friday, January 2, 2009

CR - again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! After spending 5 days at home in Bellevue, I was off on the 29th of Dec to Cedar Rapids where I'm working again for Cedar Rapids Opera. I'm in the Chorus of Madama Butterfly and am in the Broadway Revue. Whenever I'm here, it's like a nice vacation. I'm not in the outreach program this year, so I have all day free, then rehearse for a few hours in the evening. And I am paid to sing! It's amazing. Hopefully I'll be back for the summer.

My Christmas was good in Bellevue. I've talked before on my blog how I have a terrible Pavlovian complex whenever I'm home. It's a good thing that this holiday, I graduated and don't have much to be doing, otherwise it wouldn't have gotten done. I never get things done when I'm home. I hungout with my brother and his new 8-week old puppy, Bailey. She is a beagle, and super energetic. My best friend Mireille was also in town right before Christmas on her way to Minnesota to visit her family, so we had dinner, and an evening together with Karen, my other best friend from high school. So after 5 days, it was time to head back to Des Moines, and then off to Cedar Rapids.

So the million dollar question I've answered multiple times: What am I doing now that I've graduated? Well, a multitude of things really. No rest for the weary! My "full-time" job is going to be substitute teaching in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Urbandale, Waukee, and Johnston. My part-time job (still in the works) is to teach studio voice through Johnston at the high school. Then keep my two part time jobs at Banana Republic and Wine Experience. We'll see how all those pan out. BR might have to be scrapped if I am too busy, but again, we'll see. It'll take time to gauge how busy I'm going to be. Oh, and looking at grad schools too. HA! It's just beginning.

The first photo is of Katie Saldanha (staff member in Admissions) at a drama presented at her church. A few of us that are close went up to see Katie and her husband Chris. From left to right: me, Duhita (A&S '06?), Katie, and Christen (A&S '08). YAY Drake!


The second picture is of me and my brother's new puppy, Bailey.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.

eXTReMe Tracker