Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Confessions of a Midnight Mall Worker

I was there! I worked midnight to 9am on Black Friday at Banana Republic. Wowzers. I think the worst part was that I didn't have any concept of what time it was inside the store. It looked the same as it always does, so it could have been 2am or 10pm and you wouldn't know. Weird.

It was pretty busy from midnight until 2am, then died off pretty quickly after that. But yeesh, it's like we're a nation of insomniacs. I saw people of all age and gender out late at night! I didn't mind it so much. I could do one overnighter, but if it were many overnighters, I wouldn't make it.

I'm pretty excited to graduate in less than 2 weeks now! I can hardly believe it! My 4.5 year journey is coming to an end, and another path is trudging on. I'm already making trip plans to look at grad schools next semester/visit all my friends across the country. First stop: Texas! I'm going to visit Rice University in Houston and visit one of my best friends from high school who's going to law school in Austin.

I wanted to talk about how the construction on campus is going. I can't believe they've already leveled painted street! So many good memories there, and now it's different-looking. At least all the old layers of paint were covered up. That was probably a good choice. It sometimes look like an eyesore in my opinion. 28th Street looks amazing though! I'm excited to see it in the spring when it's completed.

Here's a picture of all the Drake people who were involved in Sparks Fly Upward. From left to right: Tim Bostwick (senior vocal performance), Christine Blanner (voice faculty), Tony DiMeglio (senior vocal performance), Leanne Freeman-Miller (voice faculty), and me!


Place of the Post: Wow. So I had been getting my stuff dry cleaned at Crown Cleaners at 50th and EP True, and they were expensive!!! I started going to Martenizing (sp?) at 51st and Mills Civic. Wow, way less expensive and just as good. Way to go me for finding a cheaper alternative! So if you live in the WDM, go there!

Video of the Post: Real World-Drake University? I found this on YouTube. Dunno. Watch and learn.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.

eXTReMe Tracker