Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sparks

So Sparks Fly Upward and school have taken upwards of 70 hours of my time last week. So is life when you're teaching and performing. But I'm exciting. The show is next weekend! www.thesparksflyupward.org Come see it!

I've also been applying for part time jobs after Sparks is over. So far interviewed at Outback and Wine Experience. I'd prefer the latter over the former, but I guess a job is a job, eh?

Yes, I did vote. And early actually. I sent in my vote by mail two weeks ago. Good job me.

I went to a Halloween party last weekend which was really fun, but other than that, Halloween kinda passed me by this year. I was at Wartburg College for the NATS competition on Friday, so I didn't get to dress up (at least in a costume) or celebrate at all. NATS is always a crap shoot, and I rolled an unfavorable number. Oh well. I'm successful in every other aspect of my singing, so I'm not worried about it. Iowa is such a flakey state when it comes to that as well. They let so much interesting singing go on here that wouldn't be tolerated most other places. Enough talkin' shop.

I feel psuedo-disconnected from campus these days. Student teaching is going fine, but I have to be an adult and all that other jazz. Ugh. Oh college, where have you gone? Enjoy it while it lasts. I mean, I'm going to be a grad student soon enough, so I'm not too worried about my bygone days, but right now I feel old. HA!

Place of the Post: Campbell's Nutrution. It's like Des Moines's version of Whole Foods.

YouTube of the Post: Who doesn't love political satire?

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.

eXTReMe Tracker