Thursday, September 11, 2008

phew phew!

Wowzers. Student teaching has been all consuming this last week. It's much harder at the secondary level than at the elementary or middle school. Well, to tell you the truth, the adjustment in my schedule has also been a large change. Just being up at 6am every morning compared to 2-3 hours later is intense. Then I have to be chipper, engaged, and ready to teach at 8am! The first couple weeks were a little much, but I've slowly been making my way into a new sleep schedule. That also means that I'm in bed between 9:30-10pm every evening.

It's also a long schedule everyday. Usually in the door by 7:15-7:30 and out anywhere between 5 and 6pm.

Things are getting better all the time though. I'm more comfortable in my role as a student teacher, the kids are more receptive to me, and the teaching aspect of it has been coached and improved. Excellent on all fronts.

I don't really have much more to report on. That is pretty much my life all the time. On weekends, I relax and do all the things I didn't have time for in the week, including laundry, dishes, shopping, etc.

Place of the Post: Tsing Tsao. Located close to the school, it's our favorite Chinese takeout place here. For about $4.50, you can get a delicious entree, rice, egg roll & crab rangoon, and soup for lunch. amazing.

YouTube of the Post: Alright, so it's not YouTube, but Hulu. Same diff. Regardless, it's quite a little spoof on Britney

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.

eXTReMe Tracker