Monday, September 22, 2008

DRAKELAND!!!!

So another Monday morning rolls over me. I thought that I was at least sufficiently prepared for this one. My weekend, after all, hadn't been anything that was of serious detriment. On Saturday, I endured six hours of training on Livetext ePortfoilos for student teaching. It was useful training, but probably did not need to last six hours. Regardless, I made it through somewhat intact.

I went to Christine Blanner's recital at 5, but met one of my close friends Natalie at Star Bar for a glass of wine afterwards. After being in the basement computer lab all day, to sit on the patio and have a glass of wine was divine. Speaking of things that were divine, Christine's recital was awesome. She performed all 20th century repertoire, which was interesting because there are so many styles compared to previous centuries.

The reception was at Professor Freeman-Miller's house and Christine's family had made lots of good things to eat and drink. Since the recital was at 5, the reception was done between 8:30-9. A few of the students were the last to leave, and 9 is an early hour for us college folk! We decided to go downtown to have a drink at the Lift (my favorite bar). Court Ave was pretty busy, as is expected for a Saturday evening. It was nice to reconnect with some of my friends who I hadn't talked to in a while. As a student teacher, your life is pretty solitary sometimes. School-apartment-school-apartment. It's for the most part the only routine there is during the week.

In other news, I think I'm going camping next weekend which I'm REALLY excited about. I'm not exactly sure where, but I'm not the one in charge of planning it. All I know is that I get to leave and spend 3 days in the wilderness. For some, that's not considered an escape, but for me it is. :-)

Place of the Post: Redbox. This crafty little machine and requisite online service enables you to rent movies for 24 hours for $1. Reserve them online, pick them up at any Redbox, and return them at any Redbox. Sweet deal.

Vide of the Post: omg. shoes.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.

eXTReMe Tracker