Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sun and Fun

So here I sit, on the patio of the Republic, our favorite coffee shop in Salzburg. Surrounded by 600 year old buildings, the chatter of German, and the sun beating down on the awning above us. Oh how I will miss Salzburg when I get back to the States. Right now though, I’m growing tired of the program here. I had a rehearsal at 0830 this morning, and now a 2 hour break before German. Lunch, and the EuroPark (an American-style mall) is on the docket for this afternoon before making it back to a church for a faculty concert tonight. I surmise we will go back to the Billroth the next morning, and do nothing which we seem to do a lot. Just hangout and enjoy each other’s company.

Margaret’s parents are in town, so that will be fun to met them. Um....let’s see. Last night, we went to Cafe Tomiselli, a very famous cafe near the Residenceplatz in central Salzburg. We all had wine and tortes which are famous there. I wasn’t all that impressed, but the atmosphere was nice, temperature cool, and conversation good as we sipped wine on the second floor terrace.

Let’s see...other big things this week....um....I’m seeing Jedermann (a German play) tomorrow night, then we’re meeting for drinks again. Friday I get to sleep in. I don’t have anything before 1. Lunch and Hellbrun Schloss (Place) then probably going out on the town for our last weekend here.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.

eXTReMe Tracker