Saturday, August 23, 2008

madison!

This weekend I decided to go up to Madison, WI to visit my friend Phil who graduated last December. I am possibly going to move up here when I graduate to work for a company up here that Phil also works for. Haven't decided yet, but decided to come up for the weekend.

I got here Friday afternoon and went to the mall for a bit while Phil finished work. It was pretty similar to other malls in Des Moines. Though they did have an H&M, it didn't have men's clothing! only women and children! boo. And I also went to the first Steve & Barry's. I know we have one in Des Moines, but how often do I go to Southridge Mall? Yea. Exactly.

We had dinner at a Thai restaurant, then saw Death Race. Awesome movie. Then went out in downtown Madison. Lots of fun bars. I didn't really mean to speak in such broken speech. This morning we went to have brunch at this restaurant right by Phil's house. It was really good. The rest of the afternoon will be spent sitting around and then heading into Madison to explore downtown some more. (Phil lives just outside the city)

I'll head back tonight around 6 or so in time to see all my Drake friends who should be back to town by now. YAY! I miss them!

Place of the Post: 1885 Grill. It's right next to Phil's house. Delicious, down-home cookin'. And only $8 for my huge brunch. Check it out.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.

eXTReMe Tracker