Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the first day

Phew. My first day of student teaching was yesterday. And I made it through. Alive. HA!

Though Mondays are going to be my hardest day because I'm there from 7:30-5:30, then show choir from 7-10. Oh, and it was also my first day, but i already mentioned that.

Regardless, I know this may seem like a shameless plug, but I am really thankful that I went to school at Drake. I think as a music program, I was much better prepared than my colleague who is student teaching with the other vocal director here. And on hindsight, I probably should have paid attention more to what my professors were saying! It doesn't seem important to you at the time because you're being forced-fed content by 5-6 other professors, but I certainly am thankful for all the materials and binders I have from my classes. They have already saved me a few times in two days.

Mr. Beeken (my "mentor teacher") is easing me into things pretty well. I am doing warmups for both of his choirs tomorrow, and then again on Thursday, as well as introducing a piece I selected. Saweet.

Anyway, so yea. I'm making it through. Though after rehearsal last night, I was so exhausted. This whole 6am wake up time is going to need some adjusting.

Place of the Post: Gateway Market (Ponderosa location in West Des Moines). Much bigger seating area and patio than the one on MLK Drive. Oh, and even more food choices.....and they're organic. Yum.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.

eXTReMe Tracker